Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can I get a hallelujah

So I found this job last week and applied, and then hounded the recruiter, then had an interview yesterday morning at 10:30. Left the interview, waited at the bus stop, got a phone call from the recruiter - would I like the job? Why yes I would!

I will be an intranet support analyst for Barclays, working on online reference material for the customer support team and other teams. So it's kind of using my experience from my last two jobs combined :) Yay! They're also fine with the fact that I am planning to leave the country eventually, and I think I will have a 6 month contract with option to stay on as needed/desired.

In other good news, I'm heading to London tomorrow to attended a workshop on Long Form improv led by a fellow called Ben Hauck, who I'm fairly sure is the fellow on this site: http://www.benhauck.com/
I'm very excited to be doing improv again! The job however will mean I can't just swan off to London during the week for classes. But I might try to find something closer to home or in the weekend to do.

Oo and I found out that Bedford has its very own Fringe festival! Sadly it looks like there's no improv on the card, but there is some stand up comedy, so next Monday I'll be dragging Joe off to the opening comedy night :) If we're still here this time next year maybe I'll get an improv show in...

Not heaps else happening in the world of Jen and Joe - there has been talk of a trip to Ireland with the rest of the O'Sullivan family sometime in September, so that is cool. I'm starting to think about what we can do for Christmas, it could be pretty amazing to have it somewhere like Spain or France or somewhere Nordic and snowy! We'll see, we may have visitors at that time so it could be our first Christmas together at home :)

If I haven't written to you for a while, please write to me! I am slack but I love mail and promise to reply...

Kisses and hugs

No comments: